For those generous people who would like to encourage me

Saturday, August 17, 2019

Budgie




01 Nude Disintegrating Parachutist Woman
02 Breadfan
03 Black Velvet Stallion
04 Melt the Ice Away
05 Baby Please Don't Go
06 I Ain't No Mountain
07 Running from My Soul
08 Hammer and Tongs
09 You're the Biggest Thing Since Powdered Milk
10 If I Wave Brittania I'd Waive The Rules
11 Young Is a World
12 Stranded




Part 2
01 Breaking All the House Rules
02 Homicidal Suicidal
03 Crash Course in Brain Surgery
04 Guts
05 Rape of the Locks
06 In for the Kill
07 Who Do You Want for Your Love
08 You Know I'll Always Love You
09 Zoom Club
10 Don't Go Away
11 All Night Petrol
12 In the Grip of a Tyrefitter's Hand
13 I Can't See My Feelings
14 Slipaway

Budgie are a Welsh rock band from Cardiff. They are described by author Garry Sharpe-Young as one of the earliest heavy metal bands and a seminal influence to many acts of that scene, with fast, heavy rock (an influence on the new wave of British heavy metal (NWOBHM) and acts such as Metallica) being played as early as 1971. The band has been noted as "among the heaviest metal of its day".

5 comments:

  1. Underrated band IMO. Thanks for the post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool.. underrated for sure.. at least in US.
    Thank you for this 2CD Budgie retrospective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang...it's gone & Budgie are the best Welsh band ever. I would have loved to seen your track picks. Any chance of a re-up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Sir are a Gent, Thank You.
    P.S. Your playlist is spot on, it's a blinder.

    ReplyDelete